YWCA Salute to Students Scholarship
Women students in Yellowstone, Big Horn, Carbon, Custer, Musselshell, Rosebud and Stillwater Counties who meet the criteria for consideration, are enrolled or planning to attend MSU Billings, Rocky Mountain College, or Miles Community College, and who have not previously been awarded a Salute to Students Scholarship.
Criteria for Consideration
1. Application and other required materials received at YWCA Billings by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
2. Two letters of recommendation and completed essays that demonstrate the student’s dedication to the YWCA Mission to save and change lives through:
• Empowering women
• Building strong families for a better community
• Working for peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all
3. A minimum 3.0 GPA (or Montana HiSET score equivalent) and a record of self-motivation and perseverance in the academic environment. Performance is based on the academic transcript and letters of recommendation.
4. An in-person interview for those selected as semi-finalists. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
MINORITY AND DISADVANTAGED STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The application is available at http://www.ywcabillings.org/events/ and clicking on “Click here to download Salute to Students Guidelines and Application” link. Submit the complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to 909 Wyoming Ave.
Contact Renee Tostengard at email@example.com or 406-252-6303 for more information.